- eInfrastructures: What Future? Chaired by Wim Jansen, DG Connect, EC
- COST Actions and Digital Libraries: between Sustaining Best Practices and Unleashing Further Potential, Chaired by Matthew Driscoll, University of Copenhagen
Guided by leading experts in the field, panels aim to engage the community in a thought provoking discussion. Exchanging ideas and thoughts between the audience and panel members is at the heart of every fruitful panel discussion. TPDL2013 invites panel proposals aiming to create a forum for the discussion of crucial issues concerning the present and future of digital libraries, the development of digital societies and the approaches of sharing meaningful information, which are the main topics of the conference. Panels should echo the problematic of the community on theoretical and practical issues of digital libraries and how they can be addressed in a challenging and long-standing way.
Each panel should have one chair and an international group of panelists who are recognized experts in their respective field. Panel proposals should provide sufficient information to judge the importance, quality, and benefits for the research community. Panels should be thought provoking and cover a range of different opinions. Proposals should be two pages (maximum three) long and should provide the following information:
- Title of the proposed panel (if possible formulated as a provocative question).
- Names and full addresses, including home page links and contact details, as well as a brief description of the panel chair's and panelists' experience and background in the panel topic.
- A brief description of the panel topic and goals, its relevance to TPDL2013 and significance for the research field. The description should also contain the issues to be discussed and a selection of possible pro and con arguments where applicable.
- A description of the target audience, areas from which the participants are expected to come, number of expected participants.
- Any further special requirements.
Panel proposals should be two (2), maximum three (3), pages in length following the LNCS format. They can be submitted in PDF format via email to the Panel Chair. Please use the Subject line "TPDL 2013 Panel Proposal - XXXX", where XXXX is the title of your panel, when submitting.
Upon submitting the panel proposal, the proposer commits that in case the panel is accepted, he/she and the panel members will physically attend the conference. Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by the Panel Chair, Conference General Chairs and Program Chairs. Notification of acceptance will be sent via email to the panel proposers by the Panel Chair.
The selected panels will be organized inside the main track of the conference.
- Panel submission deadline: March 4, 2013
- Acceptance notification: April 22, 2013
- Camera Ready Versions: June 9, 2013
- End of Early Registration: June 30, 2013
- Conference Dates: September 22-26, 2013
Further Information and Enquiries
Enquiries and proposals should be sent to the Panel Chair, Ingo Frommholz ingo/dot/frommholz/at/beds/dot/ac/dot/uk.