Chairs and Committee
- Jaap Kamps, University of Amsterdam - Chair
- Hussein Suleman email@example.com University of Cape Town - Chair
- Thomas Baker, DCMI
- Lillian Cassel, Villanova University
- Antoine Doucet, University of Caen
- Ingo Frommholz, University of Bedfordshire
- Marco Andre Goncalves, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais
- Laszlo Kovacs, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
- Birger Larsen, Royal School of Library and Information Science
- Ray Larson, University of California, Berkeley
- Pasquale Pagano, ISTI, CNR
- Ralf Schenkel, Saarland University
- Herbert van de Sompel, Los Alamos National Laboratory
The International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries (TPDL) is the leading scientific forum on digital libraries and related research areas that brings together researchers, developers, content providers and practitioners. The first day of the conference will offer conference attendees and local participants a stimulating and informative selection of tutorials covering current topics in digital libraries and related technologies and areas of research.
Topics should have a direct relevance to the topics of the conference; a full list of current topics of interest can be found at http://tpdl2013.info/. Anticipated areas of interest at the time of TPDL2013 include topics related to digital libraries, their foundations and methodologies, as well as their relevant applications and usages, including cross-disciplinary areas. We especially welcome tutorials bridging multiple areas, or presenting new perspectives in these areas, and tutorials with a practical hands-on approach that educate participants in using a technology after the tutorial.
Proposals will be considered for half-day and full-day tutorials. Tutorials may cover material either at an introductory level (introducing new areas of research or practice to attendees) or in depth (advancing the understanding of attendees with basic familiarity of the area). Tutorials may target researchers, practitioners, or the field as a whole.
A tutorial proposal should include the following:
- Title of the tutorial
- Instructor(s) and their credentials (short CV, link to personal web page)
- Aims, scope and learning objectives of the tutorial
- Relevance to TPDL2013 and significance for the research field
- Full description (1-2 pages to be used for evaluation)
- Tutorial history (previous offerings of tutorial, if any)
- Format of tutorial (half- or full-day)
- Target audience and prerequisite knowledge
- Any other noteworthy comments or remarks
Tutorial proposals should be submitted in PDF via https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tpdl2013tutorials.
Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by the Tutorial Chairs and the Program Committee with the approval of the Conference General Chairs and Program Chairs. Notification of acceptance will be sent via email to the tutorial proposers by April 22, 2013.
Upon submitting the tutorial proposal, the proposers commit that in case the tutorial is accepted, all lecturers will physically attend and present the tutorial. Upon acceptance the tutorial proposers will have to deliver a 300 Word abstract (1-2 paragraphs) suitable for inclusion in conference website, while a two (2) pages abstract in LNCS format documenting the tutorial will be included in the TPDL2013 conference proceedings published in the Springer LNCS series.
The selected tutorials will be organized on September 22, 2013, before the Main Track of the conference. The Organizing Committee will provide substantial support in the area of logistics management, namely registration, catering, halls and infrastructure.
- Tutorial submission deadline: March 4, 2013
- Acceptance notification: April 22, 2013
- Camera Ready Versions: June 9, 2013
- End of Early Registration: June 30, 2013
- Tutorials date: September 22, 2013
Queries regarding tutorial proposals should be sent to the Tutorial Chairs: Jaap Kamps kamps/at/uva/dot/nl and Hussein Suleman hussein/at/cs/dot/uct/dot/ac/dot/za.
|JCDL 2013, Indiana, USA
|ICADL 2013, Bangalore, India
|MTSR 2013, Thessaloniki, Greece
|SIGIR 2014, Gold Coast, Australia
|ELPUB 2014, Thessaloniki, Greece