Chairs and Committee
- Mounia Lalmas, Yahoo! Research - Chair
- Laszlo Kovacs, MTA SZTAKI - Chair
- Paul Clough, University of Sheffield
- Ed Fox, Virginia Tech
- Luanne Freund, University of British Columbia
- Marinos Ioannides, Cyprus University of Technology
TPDL2013, the 17th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries, is organized by the University of Malta, in Valletta, Malta from 22 to 26 of September 2013. TPDL traditionally hosts workshops relevant to digital libraries and adjacent research areas and provides a forum of focused, interactive and engaging discussions for groups of researchers, societies and project teams. Workshops address challenging topics from the whole digital library spectrum that require special attention and aim at presenting innovative ideas and solutions, discussing the outcomes of on-going research projects and producing interesting results, such as workshop proceedings, publications, reports and white papers.
The Organizing Committee of TPDL2013 invites interested individuals, research teams, societies and project groups to submit their proposals for workshops to be organized in the frame of the conference.
Workshop proposers will be responsible for preparing a Call for Papers, structuring a Program Committee, publicizing the workshop and distributing the CfP, receiving and reviewing submissions, selecting the papers and producing the proceedings of the papers.
In detail, a workshop proposal must include the following:
- A concise title of the workshop.
- The names and the affiliations of the organizers. The organizers should add a short biographical note with their areas of expertise and their experience in organizing workshops or related events.
- Proposed duration of the workshop (half or full day).
- An outline of the workshop's objectives and targets. The outline should also address the importance of the workshop in view of the conference and its relevance to TPDL.
- The expected participants in the workshop. If the workshop has been organized before, either in the frame of TPDL or any other conference, the organizers should also report the previous attendance, the outcomes, any post-workshop publication venue, etc.
- A description of the workshop's theme, its main topics and the format (the number of papers, the number of invited speakers, type of activities (e.g., short paper presentation, invited talk, demo, poster, etc.), and an approximate timeline (breaks should be synchronized with scheduled breaks if possible.)
- A description of the workshop processes, such as the peer review process, a tentative list of PC members that have agreed to serve the workshop, the timeline, advertisement, etc.
Workshop proposals should be maximum four (4) pages in length following the LNCS format and they can be submitted in PDF format via email to the Workshop Chairs. Please use the Subject line "TPDL 2013 Workshop Proposal - XXXX", where XXXX is your workshop's title or acronym, when submitting.
Upon submitting the workshop proposal, the proposers commit that in case the workshop is accepted, they will physically attend and coordinate the workshop.
Each submitted proposal will be reviewed by the Workshop Chairs and the Workshop Committee with the approval of the Conference General Chairs and Program Chairs. Notification of acceptance will be sent via email to the workshop proposers by April 22, 2013.
The selected Workshops will be organized on September 26, 2013, after the Main Track of the conference. The Organizing Committee will provide substantial support in the area of logistics management, namely registration, catering, halls, infrastructure and -if requested- in post-event publication.
- Workshop submission deadline: March 4, 2013
- Acceptance notification: April 22, 2013
- Camera Ready Versions (Workshop descriptions only): June 9, 2013
- End of Early Registration: June 30, 2013
- Workshop date: September 26, 2013
Inquiries can be sent to the Workshop Chairs Mounia Lalmas mounia/at/acm/dot/org and Laszlo Kovacs, laszlo/dot/kovacs/at/sztaki/dot/hu (please remove spam protection).
|JCDL 2013, Indiana, USA
|ICADL 2013, Bangalore, India
|MTSR 2013, Thessaloniki, Greece
|SIGIR 2014, Gold Coast, Australia
|ELPUB 2014, Thessaloniki, Greece